Tuesday 30 September 2014

Reflective Teacher - Days 25-30

So glad this blogging challenge is over... i have been incredibly useless in keeping up with doing this! Though I dont think I would be able to write an entire post on these subjects...

September 25- The ideal collaboration between students- what would it look like?

Humming. Learning. Sharing and understanding each other's points of view. Problem solving. Relating with others.

September 26- What are your 3 favorite go-to site for help/tips/resources in your teaching?

#edchatnz
Edutopia
Pinterest

September 27- What role do holidays and weekends play in your teaching?

Omg. They're amazing. In the term 3 holiday break now. Feeling amazing. Refreshed and ready to teach again. It's only Tuesday. Think that it's important to take time out for yourself despite how often I am doing extra for my students. Implementing Google Drive has been awesome with my Y12s this year - and there is still the same amount of marking.. in fact I think I am being more efficient and more effective with my comments while using Drive too.

September 28- Your thoughts: Should Technology drive the curriculum or vice versa?

Technology is only a tool. And it's only good if you have a particular purpose and goal in using it. I'm still learning this. I think that by using tech students gain an added value to their learning and it's often more stickable and memorable - or at least rewindable.

September 29- How have you changed as an educator?

Since when? Over the past 4-5 years I have changed immensely - but then again I do slip up and revert to default mode where I make the same mistakes. I'm still learning. I think that's been the biggest change that I know that I will never know everything there is to know about teaching - and that's actually a good thing.

September 30- What would you do as an educator if you weren't afraid?

Let my students blog. Let them tweet. Play minecraft. Be agentic and keep ruffling feathers and helping teachers change and accept change. Learn more and do more.

No comments:

Post a Comment