Friday 5 September 2014

Power of the PLN and CrowdFunding

Listening to Amanda Palmer and Justine Driver made me believe that Crowd Funding really was possible. I never believed it could happen. I put it out there... hopeful that it might. Kind of bracing myself for the eventual probability that I wouldn't be able to go to ULearn. Then I woke up this morning to a handful of tweets sharing my Pledge Me account once more, and again some more pledges... I seriously cannot believe that you all believe in me this much. 

This morning before I left for school the pledges sat at $680. I was incredibly stoked. Proud of myself for asking for help - but more so proud of my amazing PLN. It is absolutely crazy that something like this could happen. 

Nathaniel Louwrens was tweeting with me this morning about there only being $70 to go to reach the target. As I walked out the door I was filled with a huge sense of pride and honour. Completely humble and appreciative that my PLN would do this for me. 

This connectivity has the power to enhance and multiply any professional development I could ever go to because the simple fact that you believe in me and my vision is more than enough - wow. Seriously. Thank you. 

There will never be enough ways to say thank you. Ever. Because partly I am in shock right now.. I am also completely stunned that there are people out there who would be willing to help some young teacher in some part of the country to get to a professional development conference.

In sharing my PledgeMe with a Deputy Principal I was just trying to share my pride and excitement that I was that close... $680! I searched my PledgeMe account again to show her - and moved the page to the pledges... wow. You guys hit the target... and then some. 

It's now sitting at $770. The target was $750. 

I am in disbelief that the target has been reached. With ten days to go. 

I keep staring at the page. No need to refresh it any more. But I do so anyway. Because I still can't believe it.

There truly is power in a strong professional learning network. 

Thank you all SO much. 

Crowd Funding works. 

Nga mihi nunui ki a koutou katoa. 


Ehara taku toa, he takitahi, he toa takitini
My success should not be bestowed onto me alone, 
as it was not individual success but success of a collective

No comments:

Post a Comment